Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Punctuation Power

Ever think a comma or a period could change the whole meaning of a letter? The power of punctuation is real. Take a look here for other examples.

Letter 1:

Dear John,

I want a man who knows what love is all about.
You are generous, kind, thoughtful. People who
are not like you admit to being useless and inferior.
You have ruined me for other men. I yearn for you.
I have no feelings whatsoever when we’re apart.
I can be forever happy-will you let me be yours?

-Janie
Letter 2:
Dear John,

I want a man who knows what love is.
All about you are generous, kind, thoughtful,
people who are not like you. Admit to being
useless and inferior. You have ruined me.
For, other men, I yearn. For you, I have no
feelings whatsoever. When we’re apart,
I can be forever happy. Will you let me be?

Yours,
Janie

No comments: