I have a dream that one day the world will come together and be one. We will rise together and conquer any obstacle in our path. Blacks and whites will have no trouble working together and acting civil with one another. We will make ourselves proud with what we have accomplished. We will be one!
Freedom will ring from up high as our world is pulled from the quick sands of injustice. Some will be happy and have laughter from here on forth and never think about racism again, and for those that do I hope you will one day see the light of freedom, and that we are all equal human beings. No matter what we look like and where we come from.
Our world will be as free from racism as a white woman is to sing anywhere she pleases. All though racism is not over until the fat lady sings. It’s about time she sings, because the day is here where it should be a thing of our past and not of our future. It needs to end now!!
As I sit here writing this I think to myself “Those people who are racist to other people haven’t stepped in their shoes, they haven’t seen the light that they are seeing out of their eyes.” They are judging without knowing. They are hating with no reason. There not letting people show there true side.
Going forward and going back are two completely different things, and I think it’s time to stop taking one step forward and two steps back. It’s time forgive and forget. It’s time for peace and quiet. Not hate and war. Love is so strong so why push out the love and bring in the hate? There is no reason for that.
I have a dream that although racism is not completely gone it will be soon. And the world will stop and look at what they take for granted others might take as blessed, and that they will begin to cherish what they have more. They will stop the brawling and combat, and be more passionate and caring for one another. They will not destroy one another’s possessions. But most of all I have a dream to come together and be one! To work together as if everything you have worked so hard for came crashing down like a ton of bricks. I want PEACE!!!
Wednesday, October 14, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment