Monday, December 15, 2008

Elizabeth Mugleston, TKM Poem

Racism
Hate, persecution, discrimination, judging, ignorance
Hating people for there look
Looking at people then judging them and they have no control
Putting you before another in a look
One glance and you hate them
Not giving a chance
Why do we do this?
I don’t understand
Am I missing the point?
Are people that blind?
Didn’t they see that they were wrong, way off?
I guess they were that ignorant
It seems obvious to me
I see it
The wrong they were doing
I guess that was how they were back then
Still it was wrong
And still is
Yet people still think it was okay
All this confuses me
Why they did it and thought they were in the right
“All men were created equal”
That is what they wrote
That is what I thought
To them it meant nothing?
All white men were created equal that is how they acted
Until you thought it was wrong
Then you were not equal?
How dose that work?

2 comments:

Brooklyn said...

You bring up such a deeply important point, and you write about it very well. I love your questions adn answers! Fantasic job!
~Brooklyn

Writer said...

Your poem is so powerful. Great use of words to communicate a message! The idea of looking to communicate is very creative. I especially love the line, :

Putting you before another in a look
One glance and you hate them

Keep up your good work! I enjoy you in class.

Ms. L