Monday, December 15, 2008

Lauren Groves, TKM Poem

Racism Poem

What is with the world and discrimination?
People are being judged all across the nation.
What’s the difference between black and white?
We are all the same people with equal rights.
Being judged for the color of skin,
Even though we are the same from toe to chin.

The world used to be full of hate.
Now we treat each other the same for common fate.
Singling someone out because of the color of skin,
It’s just not right, and you will never win.

We should care for what’s on the inside,
We should help even when it’s hard to hide.
Loving one another is what we should do.
We can all help each other get through.
When we all love and care,
There is so much more that we can share!

Tom Robinson was a great man.
He was very brave now I’ll always be a fan!
Atticus helped when no one else would,
He would help the world if only he could.
Tom died for something he didn’t do.
Now his family has to start brand new.
If only everyone were like Atticus,
Then we would love and not be racist.

3 comments:

Writer said...

Wow, I can't believe how talented you are.
BRAVO!
im giving you a standing ovation right now.
You almost bring me to tears.
I love your writing.
You are better than Kenzie!

Brooklyn said...

Hey, your poem is so amazingly powerful. I really love reading someone else's view on something I have a strong passion about. I totally agree with you and your writing can really speak!
~Brooklyn

Writer said...

I'm impressed! Very layered and full of detail in a creative way. You have great word choice and it keeps my attention through out the whole of it.

-Ms. L