Monday, December 15, 2008

Revolviong World By: Aeron Nelson

Revolving World


The world revolves like a bullet
Like the bullet from a fatal gun
Spinning rapidly toward the ever moving target
Sometimes you hit and feel successful
Sometimes you miss and feel like a failure
You hit the target
Oryou don’t
It’s a 50-50 chance
You wound
Or
You kill
You get what you want or nothing
At all
You only have one shot
You take it
Or
You leave it
It is for you to decide
But if not taken
The chance may not come again
The world revolves around like a bullet
It twists
It turns
It goes the way you want
Or
it doesn’t

3 comments:

Writer said...

Wow! You are a good writer. I like your voices in your words.

Brooklyn said...

I love your poem because you created a great picture in my mind. Your metaphors helped me imagine exactly what was going on. I could really feel that 50-50 chance emotion going on. When you write from your heart, the emotion is so much stronger. Way to go!
~Brooklyn

Writer said...

I love how you weaved together the analogy of a bullet, with the larget concept of revolution. Good title.

Thoughful. Keep it up.

Ms. L