Monday, December 15, 2008

Izak Godoy TKM Poem

Glimmer


Sitting there with a single light

Being watched from the sky

Waiting, Watching, Protecting

Cars pull up as he stands


Madness, anger, and fear are in the air

Will they fight or flee


Happiness and Confusion

No one they know

Then out of the darkness

Just a glimmer of light


A glimmer of hope

And glimmer of love

Someone they know


They walk up to the person

And what did they see

Hope, Love, and Light

In all the darkness


Something that only a child can spot

The other people start to see

The light and happiness is back

Finally they all leave


Being thanked from above

And watch from above

They were ready for any thing to happen

But in the end the light of a child saved them all

3 comments:

Writer said...

I love this poem. It's very heart warming knowing there is always a little light.

Brooklyn said...

I love your word choice in this poem. It really warms the heart and even if you don't know the story behind this, you can feel the emotion.
~Brooklyn

Writer said...

Wow Izak! I truly love your poem! I'm very impressed. You weave the creative title of Glimmer into your poem seemlessly. My favorite stanza is,

A glimmer of hope

And glimmer of love

Someone they know


Well done. This is publish worthy.

Ms. L