Monday, December 15, 2008

Mackenzie Gray, tkm poem

OUTSIDERS

All alone they stand in the corner,
Separate.
Their skin color was different
Causing them pain,
Stares and glares.
No one seams to care…
Really unfair.
But the others live how they want
And treat the others like crap.
Outsiders bite their tongues.
Knowing what will happen if they snap.
So strong,
They walk on.
Thinking of their families
They don’t dare to talk out of line.
Afraid of leaving them,
To deal with all this by themselves.
The mocking
The treats and punches.
So the outsiders with the different skin,
Do nothing.
Bravely they ignore all crude comments,
The outsiders respect,
Those not so kind.

4 comments:

Writer said...

you make me giggle Kenzie!!!:)

Writer said...

you forgot to center it but other than that it is great!!!!

Brooklyn said...

I love your ryhming along with your great emotion. I can really feel voice in your poem it is so awesome! Thanks I definatley enjoyed reading it.
~Brooklyn

Writer said...

Well done! My favortie part is the very first stanza. Great theme and title.

Ms.L.