Monday, December 15, 2008

Atticus Poem By Eric Sharp

Atticus Poem

Atticus was a man known by many things

He was known as a lawyer

Who although was persecuted

Stood up for what he believed in

Even his family was tormented

By the others of different views

People who didn’t see things in his view

Who didn’t see it the way he did

But he kept his family strong

And united for a cause that they were brutally outnumbered with

He was and amazing father

That might not have known the best way

To be a single parent but still strived to overcome all of their obstacles.

And to raise his children into something better than he could even imagine.
He raised them to be

The most amazing people as possible

Who could maybe improve the world in any way possible

This amazing man is Atticus Finch

A man who was a lawyer

A man who was a father

And also a man who was a believer.

2 comments:

Brooklyn said...

I like how your last three sentences all tie in really well.
~Brooklyn

Writer said...

Insightful! I'm impressed. I really love how you chose strong words to describe Atticus in a powerful way. His true self is understood because of the way you wrote your poem. I especially like how you ended with this line, "And also a man who was a believer."

Ms. L