Monday, December 15, 2008

Aubrey Andersen TKM poem


Deceased Smiles Tell A Thousand Stories
Aubrey Andersen


He once smiled like he had the
World in the palm of his hands.
He led a tranquil, somber life,
Yet he still had pride & glory which
Kept him going, going, going.

Miraculously his life quickly turned,
His world suddenly crashed,
Everything had burned.
He wasn’t the same,
He’s no longer sane.

Convicted & tried, he left labeled
Guilty, guilty, guilty.
News immediately came,
Black men can’t live up to white men.
They are most assuredly not equal.

Almost everyone could
Undoubtedly agree.
He tried to run,
His family was his only concern,
He cannot live up to a white man.

He now holds a deceased smile,
It tells a thousand stories.
Just one look and you’re caught
By the pain & haze.
You can’t help but tell your own
Legend of the life poorly lived.

6 comments:

Writer said...

whats up (levi)

Writer said...

WOW WOW WOW WOW!!!!!!!!!!

Brooklyn said...

WOW! Your title caught me; it is so incredibly inciting! Brilliant!
~Brooklyn

Writer said...

Hola.

I think the title caught my eye.

Yeah, I figured out what 'deceased' meant. :D

yupp yupp.

I digggg this.

//Maria Zolotsev

Writer said...

Aubrey! I'm speechless. Wonderful. I love your poem. Unexpected wording and title, which makes for a lot of deep thoughts. I especially like the first stanza. Keep it up!

Ms. L.

Writer said...

B-E-AUTIFUL Girl!

-MElVIN S.